Tuesday 10 November 2009

The First November blog.

The latest addition to the Chestnut Meat's team is me, Sarah.
I am currently a student at Harper Adams University College studying for a degree in Agriculture and Animals science.As part of my degree I have to complete a 52 weeks of work experience within the agricultural industry. Those 52 weeks will be completed at Chestnut meats. My tutor said to try to find a placement that is different to previous work experience and coming from a dairy farm at home, goats are definitely different from cows. Within the first few weeks I found out cows stay in the area given to graze, and goats on the other hand get out! Weekends have been full of food festivals and farmers' markets which have been very busy, quite impressive. After quite a few goes at making sausages I think I have got it! The Billies last week went into the nannies, which I think the billies were quite happy about as it is later than last year, it has been hard work keeping the boys away from the ladies! Christmas is only round the corner do make sure you have your Christmas turkey ordered!

No comments: